Korean M

My chime account was hacked and over $400 was stolen how can I get my money back? I

On New Year Eve while at home with my family I had a repair man at the house welding fix a pipe because we had no running water for 3 days I only had $160 and he was charging me $180 so I was trying to send him money through my cash app which is connected to my chime account. And figured out that I no longer had access to my account.

I have the biometric for my codes. I have been with chime for about 3 years and never have I ever been so upset and disappointed. I then went to my messages and email and received message alerts saying that my email address and phone number has been changed and updated to _ and I screenshotted all information received on my end.

I traced the number and it led to Boston it also has a address with it, I used the Google cloud and seen the house as well as the vehicles in the driveway I have been on the phone with so many agents affiliated with chime doing the same thing over and over and nobody was ever taking notes during the calls because there's no record of my complaint but I have emails stating that they are aware of what's going on and that an investigation is going on. I'm just trying to get my money back so I can pay rent, that was my second check at this job and I worked hard for it and refuse to just let evilness to prevail.

Guest

Not trynna be rude or anything, but i'm pretty sure this is LEGAL action.. Chime can only send you the 400$ or whatever you got tooken out back, as they CAN'T FIX THE issue.

I'd recommend going to your police station, and filing out paperwork instead of bashing them; because when I didn't have a package at my doorstep , I contacted them got sent my money the SAME day. and later on that day, my package came.

so I'm not sure to believe this, as I HAD 0 PROOF of my dispute also. Go to your bank, and report it as fraud.

Kathy Pence
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2297650

I have proof since December the 28th when it happened I have the police report I canceled all my cards with him and g0ot new ones coming still haven't got one of them I called the attorney general as well I've done everything sent letters to the credit bureaus I ain't got my money back you got lucky that's all I got to say because they are nothing they are ***

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2297650

Email me! Richarddurant036@***.com I will show you your options to get your money quickly!

Or not so quickly, But get it back with actual, statutory, and punitive damages through arbitration (depending on your circumstances) 3 years ago some *** hat Charged over $1500 on my card, oxygen denied my dispute, and refused my appeal. Violated every procedural law throughout the process and when they did their provisional credit reversal, they took it twice!!! They took twice as much as that *** hat and the merchant. Putting my account in a deficit so that when my income deposits would hit my account it was absorbed by the overdraft status that they created.

Over $9000.00 over 2 months. All of this is going on in the middle of a pandemic!!!! They finally closed my account but didn't close my account …or the card. Fast forward a year later, The merchant responds to a letter I wrote them and oxygen to inform them, that I hadn't gone anywhere, and I still want my money.

the Merchant returns all the money to my account. the nightmare wasn't over. oxygen also responded to my letter. Instead of Sending me the remaining balance in my account which was now positive And work with me outside of court on the rest of the money, which they absorbed throughout that process, they sent me a letter that stated that my dispute was still denied.

But that they would be willing to consider reopening it if I could provide them with different/ new information that might show them that those were not my charges. Oh my God, I'm fuming just telling the story. They offered me a chance to reopen my dispute. they acted with the intent of conversion to hold my money.

This isn't about money anymore this is about the people like you, this is about all the people that I read about on BBB, this is about people like me, the people they just shuffle to the side… denied! denied! denied! well, they are going to get denied to do this type of business anymore if I have anything to do with it.

You email me I'll get back to you. I'll let you know your options and you can go from there. I hope to reach as many people as I can who are Currently going through this, have gone through this, or did go through this with chime or Paypal and never got anywhere with them and just sucked it up and moved on with life While the *banks* enjoyed unjust enrichment on your dollar. I'm telling you, these fintech businesses.

they're not going anywhere. Americans are joining them exponentially and if they don't get taught these lessons then we are gonna have a real problem. Compromising the trust and confidence of Americans in the American banking institution is a dangerous place for America to flirt with. Help me stop these unfair, deceptive, and abusive acts and practices that oxygen and fintech like oxygen are getting away with by refusing to comply with the laws of the EFTA and the CFPB.

And I don't plan on stopping there. Once I win my arbitration,, you, and the rest of the class are going to action in a suit against the umbrella that services these thieves and provides the services. Like Chime and PayPal. Who's behind it all???

THE BANCORP BANK member FDIC. Do you want to see the change in the world? you be the change in the world! please get this out to everyone you know go post it on forums where you see people *** about oxygen no matter what it is they're *** about and let's get these guys in line, and finally hold them accountable!!

View more comments (2)
Michael J Fbn

Verified Reviewer

Why they taking so long to respond to my dispute

I've made a dispute with chime on Oct 14th /15th each day after that until Oct 22 I've called spoken to a supervisor each time and was told my dispute was being work on asap they had it push to priority I was told check MY email later on that day make sure I email them from the email link to the account on Oct 22 I decided to call again the anxiety of waiting on a email every day was to much. I spoke to a rep who not only told me I have no dispute and I can't speak to the dispute department that the issue about the dispute I had to onve again explain was my fault I ask to speak to a supervisor several times before I was switch Over to one the supervisor said she see the many conversations noted ive called but none of the emails and I sent over 20 emails from the 14th from my email on Oct 19th a supervisor actually told me she was forwarding all my emails to the back department letting them know I've already sent the information receipt of transaction etcc however the supervisor on this day ask me to just email them again when I get off the phone and i did and finally got a email back from chime after emailing them for 8 days straight from the email attach to the account and the email I was told same as the phone they working on it now someone will be with Me shortly ITS Oct 25 I haven't heard anything I ask them for a time frame what they protocol into situations besides just keep checking email I can't get no real response no accurate answers they are very unprofessional and not forth coming or straight forward I told them I do not want to be a chime customer I just want my money refunded they wrong as ***

Paula M Weh

Can get a call back

Please call me I want to sign up I do not have account with chime please call me 401 696 **** Paula Morrison

Richard D Ygm

Do not do it!!! Email me!

Richarddurant036@***.com I will show you your options to get your money quickly! Or not so quickly, But get it back with actual, statutory, and punitive damages through arbitration (depending on your circumstances) 3 years ago some *** hat Charged over $1500 on my card, oxygen denied my dispute, and refused my appeal. Violated every procedural law throughout the process and when they did their provisional credit reversal, they took it twice!!! They took twice as much as that *** hat and the merchant.

Putting my account in a deficit so that when my income deposits would hit my account it was absorbed by the overdraft status that they created. Over $9000.00 over 2 months. All of this is going on in the middle of a pandemic!!!! They finally closed my account but didn't close my account …or the card.

Fast forward a year later, The merchant responds to a letter I wrote them and oxygen to inform them, that I hadn't gone anywhere, and I still want my money. the Merchant returns all the money to my account. the nightmare wasn't over. oxygen also responded to my letter.

Instead of Sending me the remaining balance in my account which was now positive And work with me outside of court on the rest of the money, which they absorbed throughout that process, they sent me a letter that stated that my dispute was still denied. But that they would be willing to consider reopening it if I could provide them with different/ new information that might show them that those were not my charges. Oh my God, I'm fuming just telling the story. They offered me a chance to reopen my dispute.

they acted with the intent of conversion to hold my money. This isn't about money anymore this is about the people like you, this is about all the people that I read about on BBB, this is about people like me, the people they just shuffle to the side… denied! denied! denied!

well, they are going to get denied to do this type of business anymore if I have anything to do with it. You email me I'll get back to you. I'll let you know your options and you can go from there. I hope to reach as many people as I can who are Currently going through this, have gone through this, or did go through this with chime or Paypal and never got anywhere with them and just sucked it up and moved on with life While the *banks* enjoyed unjust enrichment on your dollar.

I'm telling you, these fintech businesses. they're not going anywhere. Americans are joining them exponentially and if they don't get taught these lessons then we are gonna have a real problem. Compromising the trust and confidence of Americans in the American banking institution is a dangerous place for America to flirt with.

Help me stop these unfair, deceptive, and abusive acts and practices that oxygen and fintech like oxygen are getting away with by refusing to comply with the laws of the EFTA and the CFPB. And I don't plan on stopping there. Once I win my arbitration,, you, and the rest of the class are going to action in a suit against the umbrella that services these thieves and provides the services. Like Chime and PayPal.

Who's behind it all??? THE BANCORP BANK member FDIC. Do you want to see the change in the world? you be the change in the world!

Christian R Jkr

Verified Reviewer

I have 70 in savings that i was trying to transfer but now I cant access it through the app

The app locked me out and every time i try to log in it takes me to a page as if im creating the account and Ive already tries changing passwords
Luciano D Fhi
map-marker Houston, Texas

I am on the log in and it said I already have an account

I can't log in and my account is a member I cannot see my information !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Robert B Fdl

| map-marker Memphis, Tennessee

It says I already have an account with Chime

I nevered had an account with chime and I've been trying to get one and I'm being denied I just heard of Chime

Dispute a transaction

Car rental insurance online told me I needed it and got to pick the car up and the insurance I got online from them was a third party and wouldnt work so I had to use my day to day car insurance so now I need my money back
Cons:
  • Not able to get spot me without direct deposit
Michael C Hkh

| map-marker Florida, United States

Why was my account closed ?

I singed up for dierect deposit , now I don't know when I will get my paycheck this is total BS!!! Pissed off
Julio M Pkl

| map-marker Revere, Massachusetts

I want to make a depute

I bought a amazon gift card and cvs pharmacy and the card was already redeemed l call Amazon a they don't want to respond me for $160 lost ..l want dispute and get my money back
Bethany P Afn
map-marker Bristol, Virginia

Locked account

My account was locked over a week ago and I have sent in the required documents to get it opened. Here it is 1 week before Christmas and I don't have a damn dime to my name and I have 2 small kids.

If this isn't an un-Merry Christmas I don't know what is. I have sent the documents in 4 separate times and still nobody is smart enough to push a few buttons to unlock my account. This has done it for me. I will find another bank with customer service reps I can talk to when needed.

It must be a bunch of unorganized, inattentive jokers running this company. Shame on y'all.

Annestelle B

Did anyone ever get there money I got locked and I have $6100 in my account

Guest

I'm in the same boat currently. I have never been in such a ritual over a prepaid card! They have every dime I have!

Giannah Poy

did you ever get your funds

View more comments (2)
Featured
Nina B Bge

Verified Reviewer

My account was wiped out and customer service is atrocious

Chime Bank - My account was wiped out and customer service is atrocious
Explore video interviews
Chime Bank - My account was wiped out and customer service is atrocious - Image 2

I received an email yesterday saying my phone number and email had been changed. I emailed back (like the email said to do) and in a matter of seconds was not able to access my account and got a notification saying google play store was denied because I had a balance of $0.

They even took the spot me $20 ..

customer service is now not responding to emails.. no response at all

Loss:
Pros:
  • Easy banking
  • Get paycheck early
Cons:
  • Zero customer service
  • All money was taken from my account

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Dont do it. Get a real bank account if you can

Thanks for input

Laura O Hyl

Customer Service is awful

Guest

I heard about Chime from a journalist Clayton Morris who recommends it highly. I'm glad I read the reviews about this bank.

Connie R Ewd
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1990256

I used Chime for almost 6 months and I was very pleased with it. Then there was a charge I didn't authorize and immediately called to report it.

Customer service was great, (so I thought), they credited the money back to my account shortly after my call, but then more And more unauthorized charges started to come up! Some charges they asked before allowing or blocking them, but others were just allowed without asking if it was me first! They stopped my first card and sent me a new one, but the charges still kept happening. I have had to take well over 100 selfies, and over 100 pics of front and back of my ID, and also over 100 pics of me holding my ID, along peice of paper with my name and date on to prove it was me begging them to please help me.

Oh and I also was and still am to this day locked out of my account on the Chime App! This went on for almost 3 months everyday after work I would go through the same routine. Message Chime customer service, jump through all their hoops, try uninstalling, then reinstalling the app. Just to be told after 3 tried that now I had to wait another 24 hour to try again since your only allowed 3 attempts per day!

I cannot believe they still have not helped me. When I said I was going to report them to the BBB and my local authorities for theft of my hard earned money, I was sent an email say someone from the administration felt would be contacting me shortly....well tha was 2 months ago. In the meantime my credit has crumbled, I'm behind in bills now since all my cash was on the account I couldn't access while theu kept taking out their fees, and whatever else, and I'm assuming all my money is gone since just recently they have been having the nerve to say to me this was declined, or that was declined, when all those declines are because of them and their horrible way of doing business!! And not one dime has been offered for any of the hardships they caused me!

I have so many emails and screenshot to get through, but I will be able to get what I deserve back. It does pay to always be cautious and keep good records of everything you do on line, because if I didn't have the proof of what they said, did, and didn't do and everything I went through every day for 4-5 hours a day after work, only to be right in the same spot every single day for 3 months and now another 2 so a total of 5 moths without access to my account but they are still charging me for my account which I cannot use!!!! Unbelievable!!!

I say RUN away and RUN fast...chime will take everything you work very hard to get. I'm thousands in debt now because of them and I work for just over minimum wage...shame on them!!!

View more comments (3)
crystal j Rqz

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Someone hacked my account and stole money

Chime Bank - Someone hacked my account and stole money
I received my unemployment check and an hour later my chime notifications came up on my phone saying it was a pay a friend transfer to a person name John b. And it was for:H I never approved that transfers card was locked and someone still was able to get into my money... I never used pay and friend threw my phone this is a new phone.....never approved this transfer
Loss:
Pros:
  • Good company
Cons:
  • No rep to talk to

Resolved
Lee R Zlw

Resolved: Add email

Chime Bank - Add email
Updated by user Nov 16, 2020

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with product or service ordered.

Timleewbg@***.com

fix and get back to ne

Still waiting

Original review Nov 16, 2020
waiting Be patient they should fix it
Loss:
Pros:
  • Work
Cons:
  • No rep too talk too

Preferred solution: add account email

Brandon N Idi

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

There is an exclamation point beside my balance and my account is locked

Chime Bank - There is an exclamation point beside my balance and my account is locked
Won't let me use my card. Or even turn my transactions on. Exclamation point beside my balance

Preferred solution: Fix my account

Matthew H Wki

Money stolen from Account

Chime Bank - Money stolen from Account
Do Not Bank At Chime, no matter what, even if you have to put money under your pillow. The only thing to be found is fraud and heartache. You Have Been Warned!!!!! My entire paycheck was stolen directly from my account, four minutes after it was deposited, leaving me with a zero balance. Chimes account security, if they even have any, will not catch fraud transactions. The theft happened from the Pay Friends part of the account; I never even used that before, ever. The money was transferred to someone (account) I have never heard of. Chime customer service didnt seem to care, and the fraud department, if they even had one, was nonexistent, with no sense of urgency. This matter had NOT been resolved at the time of this writing. I searched online, and was shocked at how many complaints were written about the exact same experience! When your money gets taken, Chime wont even give you an immediate temporary credit to help get by. If you even get a credit, it takes two weeks, yup, not even kidding! Also, yes, I have everything I mentioned documented and recorded. Again, do not do business here, go anywhere else! I understand that Chime is for those who have a tough time getting an account anywhere else, so you are treated just like that, second class at best. Chime customers are easy prey for hackers, and Chime, with their poor account protection, doesnt seem to give a crap.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Pay in two days early
Cons:
  • No account protection fraud allowed to happen

User's recommendation: Do NOT bank with Chime

Bayinna G

HORRIBLE HORRIFIC APP

Chime Bank - HORRIBLE HORRIFIC APP

Chime is a must NOT and I REPEAT NO ONE should you this APP. They ALLOW third Parties Companies TO Force CHARGE/PAYMENTS to Your ACCOUNT without YOUR AUTHORIZATION swiping MONEY or PUTTING your ACCOUNT BALANCE in The negative over your SPOT ME limit then have no WAY for you to use your MONEY in YOUR Savings account after providing evidence of misuse from the ALLEGED third party because they need to investigate before allowing you to have access to YOUR funds when you have a WHOLE different card link to the ACCOUNT that THE MONEY could be transferred to.

THEY also have no common curiosity. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE is very POOR in explaining To Better understand the issue at hand. THEY ARE ALSO VERY RUDE they have every excuse to WHY they can not HELP when COMMON SENSE is involved in this SITUATION BUT ALWAYS UNDERSTANDS which blows me !!! I RECOMMEND NO ONE USE THIS CARD/MOBILE BANKING !!!!

OH!

Also Provided False Information Of the DISPUTE being Resolved and CLOSED before the investigation WAS EVEN RESOLVED or OVER... !!!

Pros:
  • Pay in two days early
Cons:
  • Awful customer service

Preferred solution: Get better solution to this problem then I can’t help or rude reps. Who don’t understand anything

User's recommendation: Don’t Do it You will have BAD emotional distress !!

Retta Hdd

Mindee - I just submitted a Transaction Dispute via email to chime, and I am HOT because they should never have allowed this transaction to occur in the first place. Not only had I never authorized this transaction, but I also had my card disabled as to not allow ANY transactions, AND SpotMe was also disabled.

YET, my account was authorized and charged for $1,922.57!!!!!! Currently my account displays a negative balance of almost two thousand dollars!!! I have over $500 in my savings account and there seems to be no way to obtain access to these funds. I read on the Chime website that if my spending account is in the negative consecutively for over six days, they will take my savings account funds and apply to the negative balance.

The claims email I received back with the dispute form indicates that it will take 10 days for them to credit my account. I have concerns regarding how they will handle this entire disaster of a situation. Please keep me posted as to your progress (or lack thereof) in dealing with these guys. I will post updated comments as I go along as well.

Thanks for your post, it was good information to get myself geared up and prepared for battle! :) Sincerely, "Hoping for Light at the end of the Tunnel"

reply icon Replying to comment of Retta Hdd

Yea hun you are going to have to Take the lost on that I changed from them they took my money and played me I would not recommend anyone to bank with them it is horrible and not a bank they should not still be calling there self a bank anymore I heard it’s against federal law for them to be doing that so I most definitely will be looking into that

View more comments (1)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article